Rapid Aging (was) Re: Feints

    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1, 2007
      <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
      http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5860353.html

      Cheers, Riku

      > > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry"
      <gnikomson2000@>
      > > > wrote:

      There's been some progress in this area using ultrasonics. I
      can't remember which patent I saw, but there is a patent and an
      electronic transducer device marketed by our Asian friends that
      reports a cut in maturation time from years to days.

      When I get a bit of time, I'll try to find the info.

      Hi Riku,
      I still haven't tracked down the particular one I saw, but here's a
      very recent one (filed July last year) using ultrasonics. It gives
      all the relevant data...
      http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7063867.pdf
    • Jim Graves
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 5, 2013
        Uncle Jess says 8-15 times the feints can be recycled.  I am up to twelve on mine right now with no off taste at all.  Will continue to do this until the taste is effected!......Jim

        On Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:19 PM, "wayde.allen@..." <wayde.allen@...> wrote:

        I'm curious about the use of feints. It makes sense to toss the foreshots, and to save the heads and tails combining them to make the feints. It also makes sense to recycle the feints in the still to recover more of the alcohol and possible flavoring agents. What is less clear to me is does a distiller continue adding to the feints collection or is there a point when you discard the feints and start over?