Re: Feints

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 27, 2007
      I seem to have missed this discussion, or was it that airpump + filter
      + SS airstone thing with whiskey on oak?

      Cheers, Riku

      > Don't get me wrong, Riku. I'm with you on finding a method of fast
      > aging. I've posted before on my methods of forced aeration of
      > spirits on wood to partially achieve this aim.
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

    • Jim Graves
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 5, 2013
        Uncle Jess says 8-15 times the feints can be recycled.  I am up to twelve on mine right now with no off taste at all.  Will continue to do this until the taste is effected!......Jim

        On Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:19 PM, "wayde.allen@..." <wayde.allen@...> wrote:

        I'm curious about the use of feints. It makes sense to toss the foreshots, and to save the heads and tails combining them to make the feints. It also makes sense to recycle the feints in the still to recover more of the alcohol and possible flavoring agents. What is less clear to me is does a distiller continue adding to the feints collection or is there a point when you discard the feints and start over?