Re: [new_distillers] It hurts a little

  • sonum norbu
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
      That's sad, peat. Blanikdog

      SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
      http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/
      #american-pie on Starchat

      Powered by Outblaze
    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
        Peat,

        I used a gromet to seal and insert a thermometer into
        my copper. Just had to pick the corrct size gromet and
        cut the correct hole. No solering, no mess.
        I do feel your pain concerning cutting the hole!

        Link

        --- peatreakmann <peat_reak@...> wrote:

        > Hey y'all,
        >
        > I just broke down and drilled a hole in my copper
        > pot and soldered in a
        > fitting into which I can slip a thermometer. With a
        > little flour paste,
        > it should seal up nicely, while still being able to
        > be removed for
        > cleaning.
        >
        > I'll tell ya, though, it hurt a little putting the
        > hole in the pot. It
        > is probably over a hundred years old, in great
        > shape, and authentic to
        > its age (till now)...progress they say, I guess.
        >
        > With my newly acquired parrot beak on the other end,
        > I will be all set
        > to run with a new eye tomorrow.
        >
        > Peat

      • surya9375
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
          100 years old???? and you put a hole in it???? Intentionally????

          If I knew you better I would call you a nimmi.

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peatreakmann" <peat_reak@...>
          wrote:

          > Hey y'all,
          >
          > I just broke down and drilled a hole in my copper pot and soldered in a
          > fitting into which I can slip a thermometer. With a little flour paste,
          > it should seal up nicely, while still being able to be removed for
          > cleaning.
          >
          > I'll tell ya, though, it hurt a little putting the hole in the pot. It
          > is probably over a hundred years old, in great shape, and authentic to
          > its age (till now)...progress they say, I guess.
          >
          > With my newly acquired parrot beak on the other end, I will be all set
          > to run with a new eye tomorrow.
          >
          > Peat

        • donald holcombe
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
            Ive been using the Grommets for 20 years. Never needed the blow out , But its nice to know its there ! My MOM blew almost a whole ham out of a pressure cooker once. I cant imagine a still blowing off like that ! SAFETY has its own Virtues. LATER

            --- peatreakmann <peat_reak@yahoo. com> wrote:

            > Hey y'all,
            >
            > I just broke down and drilled a hole in my copper
            > pot and soldered in a
            > fitting into which I can slip a thermometer. With a
            > little flour paste,
            > it should seal up nicely, while still being able to
            > be removed for
            > cleaning.
            >
            > I'll tell ya, though, it hurt a little putting the
            > hole in the pot. It
            > is probably over a hundred years old, in great
            > shape, and authentic to
            > its age (till now)...progress they say, I guess.
            >
            > With my newly acquired parrot beak on the
            other end,
            > I will be all set
            > to run with a new eye tomorrow.
            >
            > Peat