It hurts a little

  • peatreakmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
      Hey y'all,

      I just broke down and drilled a hole in my copper pot and soldered in a
      fitting into which I can slip a thermometer. With a little flour paste,
      it should seal up nicely, while still being able to be removed for
      cleaning.

      I'll tell ya, though, it hurt a little putting the hole in the pot. It
      is probably over a hundred years old, in great shape, and authentic to
      its age (till now)...progress they say, I guess.

      With my newly acquired parrot beak on the other end, I will be all set
      to run with a new eye tomorrow.

      Peat
    • sonum norbu
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
        That's sad, peat. Blanikdog

        SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
        http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/
        #american-pie on Starchat

        Powered by Outblaze
      • Link D'Antoni
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
          Peat,

          I used a gromet to seal and insert a thermometer into
          my copper. Just had to pick the corrct size gromet and
          cut the correct hole. No solering, no mess.
          I do feel your pain concerning cutting the hole!

          Link

          --- peatreakmann <peat_reak@...> wrote:

          > Hey y'all,
          >
          > I just broke down and drilled a hole in my copper
          > pot and soldered in a
          > fitting into which I can slip a thermometer. With a
          > little flour paste,
          > it should seal up nicely, while still being able to
          > be removed for
          > cleaning.
          >
          > I'll tell ya, though, it hurt a little putting the
          > hole in the pot. It
          > is probably over a hundred years old, in great
          > shape, and authentic to
          > its age (till now)...progress they say, I guess.
          >
          > With my newly acquired parrot beak on the other end,
          > I will be all set
          > to run with a new eye tomorrow.
          >
          > Peat

        • surya9375
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
            100 years old???? and you put a hole in it???? Intentionally????

            If I knew you better I would call you a nimmi.

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peatreakmann" <peat_reak@...>
            wrote:

            > Hey y'all,
            >
            > I just broke down and drilled a hole in my copper pot and soldered in a
            > fitting into which I can slip a thermometer. With a little flour paste,
            > it should seal up nicely, while still being able to be removed for
            > cleaning.
            >
            > I'll tell ya, though, it hurt a little putting the hole in the pot. It
            > is probably over a hundred years old, in great shape, and authentic to
            > its age (till now)...progress they say, I guess.
            >
            > With my newly acquired parrot beak on the other end, I will be all set
            > to run with a new eye tomorrow.
            >
            > Peat

          • donald holcombe
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
              Ive been using the Grommets for 20 years. Never needed the blow out , But its nice to know its there ! My MOM blew almost a whole ham out of a pressure cooker once. I cant imagine a still blowing off like that ! SAFETY has its own Virtues. LATER

              --- peatreakmann <peat_reak@yahoo. com> wrote:

              > Hey y'all,
              >
              > I just broke down and drilled a hole in my copper
              > pot and soldered in a
              > fitting into which I can slip a thermometer. With a
              > little flour paste,
              > it should seal up nicely, while still being able to
              > be removed for
              > cleaning.
              >
              > I'll tell ya, though, it hurt a little putting the
              > hole in the pot. It
              > is probably over a hundred years old, in great
              > shape, and authentic to
              > its age (till now)...progress they say, I guess.
              >
              > With my newly acquired parrot beak on the
              other end,
              > I will be all set
              > to run with a new eye tomorrow.
              >
              > Peat