Re: 1" colum vs 3" column

  • tyler_97355
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
      A larger diameter pipe will be able to handle more vapor without
      choking. To put it simply, the wider the column, the more power you
      can use to distill, within reason.

      A wider column will not, to my knowledge, produce a cleaner, higher
      proof spirit. However, a taller column will. The taller the column is,
      the more HETP it has, therefor, more condensing and re-vaporizing. End
      result - better sepparation of heads, hearts, and tails, which in
      turn, will give you a cleaner higher proof product.

      Does that help answer your questions?

      -Tyler