Re: VM reflux still plans - novice hoping for some quick advice!

  • rohan_russell
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2 2:52 PM
      Gday Steve,
      Glad we are all in agreement.
      Thanks for the help.
      Rohan
    • tyler_97355
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2 4:26 PM
        You design looks all correct. However, i would use a 2 inch tee and
        not a 1 inch. Depending on the amount of power you are using, your
        column might choke at the reducer. That would be my only modification.
        Good luck, and have fun.

        -Tyler

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rohan_russell"
        <rohan_russell@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Riku,
        > I really appreciate the guidance. I will lengthen the leibig condenser
        > as you suggested - the extra flexibility for stripping will be really
        > useful. I must admit it will be great to finally get building after so
        > many months of indecision!
        >
        > On that note - thanks to all the regular contributors on this board
        > who have unwittingly helped me in my own research... It has been
        > torture at times tring to decipher the science (most of which I still
        > only partly understand) and I can't wait to start focusing on the
        > actuall distilling which in truth, is what got me interested in the
        > first place!
        >
        > Regards
        > Rohan

      • eric_yendall
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 12, 2008
          Rohan
          Did you build and run the VM still you described? What has been your
          experience? Did you modify the design in any way from your original
          drawing e.g. did you take the advice not to go with 1" reducers? Did
          you keep a gate valve below the reflux condenser?
          I am following down the same path and your experience should be very
          helpful to me.
          Eric