Re: [new_distillers] grape moonshine (wine) ??

  • Tony T
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
      The recipe you have is for one gallon of wine and
      while I don't like the grape for a wine I have used
      the White grape Raspberry and it makes a
      WONDERFUL!!!!! wine. I use the Lavin Ec1118 and a bit
      of yeast nutrient and ta little grape tannin (or just
      drop a few raisins in the wash). the rest of the
      recipe is pretty much what you have listed.

      Just cover your fermenter with a cloth and stir it
      once a day for 5 days then rack to a secondary (glass)
      fermenter. Rack again in two months and then once
      again when clear about two more months. Stabilize with
      potassium sorbate and add a tiny bit of sugar if you
      want but keep in mind it gets sweeter with time.
      Bottle and age as long as you can stand --- I normally
      make it about 8 or nine months before I have to open a
      bottle.

      The Grape Raspberry is as good as you can fine
      anywhere and the grape apple is very nice also.

      Again! keep in mind that the recipe you have is for
      one gallon.

      Good luck,
      Tony T

      --- njadpco <njadpco@...> wrote:

      > i have seen several listings on the internet saying
      > grape moonshine,
      > well it is a grape wine you take 2 12oz. cans of
      > frozen grape juice
      > and 3 1 1/2 cups sugar and yeast and let set for 30
      > days and strain
      > then drink.
      >
      > I have 3 questions
      >
      > a) can this be done with any frozen juice?
      > b) what is the best yeast to use for high alcohol?
      > c) what would this taste like to run thru pot still?

      Finding fabulous fares is fun.