Re: [new_distillers] Re: methanol

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2007
      You are just a little off.Your likker goes into the thumper and condenses until the wash in the tumper get hot enough to boil. Then the methanol boils out , then the likker.The hot water steam in the pot heats the thumper till all the likker has boiled out.The steam from the pot should enter the thumper near the bottom of the thumper.The outlet would be up at the top.All the methonal comes out before the likker. Nothing should just pass through the thumper . It will condense then the steam from the pot will heat the thumper toboil out the likker.