Re: [new_distillers] water distillers for alcohol

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2007
      Okie,

      I have a one gallon 'converted' water distiller. I
      have helped several freinds purchase 3 qt models as
      well. 1st thing is that an internal tube needed to be
      changed out to handle the alcohol.
      I get 70%-73% first run. And looks nice on the
      kitchen counter top. The 3st models get around 68%.
      I've run sugar wash, wine, and rum... the rum foams
      too much... What a mess that was!
      If you look in Distiller's forum, Photos, Link's
      Stuff, you will see my unit.

      Link
      ***
      WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause a
      disturbance in the time-space continuum, whereby small
      (and sometimes large) gaps of time may seem to
      literally disappear.

      --- okie_firewater <okie_firewater@...> wrote:

      > I have a friend who just purchased a Kenmore water
      > distiller type 83xx.
      > He waould like to know if he could distill alcohol
      > in it , mainly
      > brandy.
      >
      > any suggestions on how to go about this or if it
      > will even work is
      > appreciated.

      The fish are biting.