Re: [new_distillers] Re: OT, common interest... was 18 feet column...

  • John Wisbey
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hi Marc.
      There are more old drunks than old doctors. Hmm.
      My gliding activites were in Germany from 1953 to 1955, I used to instruct on a Kranich tanden high performance sailplane on the island of Sylt. It was there that my interest in 'stillin was born. In the cookhouse was a sort mash style still and when on guard at night I used to get a little slug. Those were the days. Yesterday we celebrated our golden wedding with a slug of my triple distilled brandy which I must confess was better that the stuff I used to get on Sylt. Thanks to this group
      Ciao for now
      John Wisbey