Re: [new_distillers] Re: OT, common interest... was 18 feet column...

  • sonum norbu
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007

      Hi Mark,

      Yes, it is the Czech sailplane.  We removed the canopy and practised the climbout on the ground, had a tow to three grand, slid along the wing and YAHOOO!  Easy as falling of a log, only higher.  About ten jumpers did the trip. All soft landings.  :)  Go to www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/  for pics.

      Blanikdog.

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
        Hi Marc.
        There are more old drunks than old doctors. Hmm.
        My gliding activites were in Germany from 1953 to 1955, I used to instruct on a Kranich tanden high performance sailplane on the island of Sylt. It was there that my interest in 'stillin was born. In the cookhouse was a sort mash style still and when on guard at night I used to get a little slug. Those were the days. Yesterday we celebrated our golden wedding with a slug of my triple distilled brandy which I must confess was better that the stuff I used to get on Sylt. Thanks to this group
        Ciao for now
        John Wisbey