water lines on reflux still and 2" collum still time to run mash

  • njadpco
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
      on a reflux still does it matter where the supply water line hooks up
      to the still? on the bottom close to the pot or on the top ? also was
      wondering i was going to build a bigger still and was going to use a
      2" 36" long for the collum and was wondering with a keg holding about
      5 gal. mash how long it would take to run this batch thru still?
    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
        Njadpco,

        My first reflux was a 2" X 32" column with two 1/4"
        crossover condensors near the bottom of the column.
        That did not work. I only run that for pot. Actually,
        it's my loaner-outer. My other columns have the 1/4"
        crossover condersors near the top. That works.
        I run 5 gallons in my 7.5 gal keg (Pony). I run 4
        gallons in my 5 gallon pot pot. Huh? Boiler. Leave
        some head space. I remember reading about head space
        Rule of Thumb, but right now I am all thumbs.

        Link

        --- njadpco <njadpco@...> wrote:

        > on a reflux still does it matter where the supply
        > water line hooks up
        > to the still? on the bottom close to the pot or on
        > the top ? also was
        > wondering i was going to build a bigger still and
        > was going to use a
        > 2" 36" long for the collum and was wondering with a
        > keg holding about
        > 5 gal. mash how long it would take to run this batch
        > thru still?

        Finding fabulous fares is fun.
      • morganfield1
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
          I can honestly say, no one has ever asked me, "Do you have a still I
          can borrow?"

          Tip one, Morgan

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@...>

          _______________
          > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
          flight and hotel bargains.

        • Link D'Antoni
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
            LOL... You need to get out more...

            Thanks Morgan. I AM tipping one.

            Link
            ***
            WARNING:
            The comsumption of alcohol may make you think that
            you can dance.

            --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@...> wrote:

            > I can honestly say, no one has ever asked me, "Do
            > you have a still I
            > can borrow?"
            >
            > Tip one, Morgan
            >
            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni
            > <link2d@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Njadpco,
            > >
            > > Actually,
            > > it's my loaner-outer. >

            > > Finding fabulous fares is fun.
            > > Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel
            > sites to find
            > flight and hotel bargains.
            > > http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097

            Yahoo! Music Unlimited