Re: [new_distillers] Re: 18 feet collumn....

  • John Wisbey
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
      Yes Marc, as we used to say, there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots. I suppose you could say that about 'stillers
      John Wisbey
        We seem to share more than one common interest.  I also was a glider pilot and skydiver, not simultaneously of course.  :)  However, my wife has jumped from a glider wing.   Blanikdog

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
          Hi John and Blanikdog,

          I'm hoping to become a old pilot in years to come.. Blanikdog I once
          had a skydiver jump/fall from my two seat powered hang glider from
          1200 ft, it was amazing to him fall away so quickly!! Not for me
          though but I do have a backup chute if need be. I take it you mean
          sailplane glider? The Czech Blanik? Your wife, how did she get on
          the wing to jump?

          And John I hope your right about stilling too, after distilling badly
          for many years untill I found Distiller and New_Distillers I finaly
          decided to have a liver ultrascan (doc told me) to see if things are
          ok. As most know, its almost too late when problems start showing.
          My scan looked better than my doctor expecting which was good, no
          scaring at all :)

          Cheers
          Marc

          No place like cloud base!

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...>
          wrote:

          > We seem to share more than one common interest. I also was a glider
          > pilot and skydiver, not simultaneously of course. :) However, my
          wife
          > has jumped from a glider wing. Blanikdog

          John Wisbey
        • sonum norbu
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007

            Hi Mark,

            Yes, it is the Czech sailplane.  We removed the canopy and practised the climbout on the ground, had a tow to three grand, slid along the wing and YAHOOO!  Easy as falling of a log, only higher.  About ten jumpers did the trip. All soft landings.  :)  Go to www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/  for pics.

            --
            Powered by Outblaze
          • John Wisbey
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
              Hi Marc.
              There are more old drunks than old doctors. Hmm.
              My gliding activites were in Germany from 1953 to 1955, I used to instruct on a Kranich tanden high performance sailplane on the island of Sylt. It was there that my interest in 'stillin was born. In the cookhouse was a sort mash style still and when on guard at night I used to get a little slug. Those were the days. Yesterday we celebrated our golden wedding with a slug of my triple distilled brandy which I must confess was better that the stuff I used to get on Sylt. Thanks to this group
              Ciao for now
              John Wisbey