Re: running more than one run

  • fro1966
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2007
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "towndrunk1952"
      <towndrunk1952@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I'm pretty new to this so this will probably sound like a stupid
      > question. I know that on the first run you need to throw away 100-
      > 150ml. of foreshot. If you are going to run the rest( not the tails)
      > through again for another distillation,do you have to throw away the
      > first 100-150ml. each time you make a run? Thanks, Les

      Not sure I am new to tis 2 would be interested in the answer
      Thanks fro1966
    • Leslie Richardson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hey Morgan,
        Thank You for the info. I appreciate it. I haven't
        built a machine yet.I try to get as much information
        as I can on something before I get started into it.
        I'm really looking forward to distilling my own
        stuff. Thanks again...Les

        Have a burning question?
      • morganfield1
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          Hi Les,
          If it's info you're looking for, you have to know the right
          questions. I would suggest going to http//homedistiller.org and look
          at the FAQ's, if you haven't already. Decide what kind of hooch you
          want to try to make, and then read the ENTIRE SITE. There is a
          wealth, and I mean a wealth of information there. Then look in the
          links section, particularly Harry's tastylime library. Harry has put
          together a great collection of books and articles, and recipes,
          pertaining to this great hobby. The time you take to read and do
          research, will save you alot of time, and Money!, in the long run.
          Good luck and have fun.

          Tip one, Morgan

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Leslie Richardson