Re: [new_distillers] Boiler Angst

  • ups474@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2000
      Aluminum is a royal pain to weld and a total pain to clean (you must use a
      vinegar and water 50/50 solution to clean it-no soap or it will soak into the
      metal and ruin anything made in it). They also tend to coat aluminum cookers
      in some sort of white grease (I don't know if it's animal or mineral based)
      that is almost impossible to wash off. Other than that, it works. Instead
      of welding, try using a threaded fitting arrangement.
    • cummingsc@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2000
        Thanks to those who responded. Several of you suggested that I should
        not weld but put a threaded fitting in the lid. Wouldn't that still
        involve welding?

        chris