Re: My New Batch: Comments/Predictions

  • peatreakmann
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 21, 2007
      Hey y'al,
      So I think I goofed with my stripping run if the following is correct.
      I stripped 8 gallons, discarded 150 ml (forshtos) per five gallons
      and only retained about 1 1/2 gallons of the initial 8. Below
      mentions keeping 1/3 volume and no mention of discarding forshots. I
      have more to strip when the bubbling stops, but not for another week
      or so the way its fermenting.
      Questions...is this 1/3 volume correct? I retained what I had left in
      the pot after shutting down; should I re-run this? I assume that the
      percent notations noted below are abv. percentages; is this correct?
      Thanks,
      Peat

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "marquee.moon"
      the homedistiller site is a little confusing about making