Re: [new_distillers] Re: reflux and rum

  • Ian Kent
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
      I use a reflux still @ 92%ABV to produce rum that is full of flavour.
      Don't underestimate the power of molasses.

      Ian...

      On 1/2/07, surya9375 <surya9375@...> wrote:

      > Yeps, it would strip off all the flovour. but if you already got one.
      > you could try removing all the packing and firing it up. it might let
      > in some of the flavours.
      >
      > Regards
      > Surya
    • morganfield1
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 2, 2007
        Since I made my new still with an N/S head (about a year ago), I've
        used it to make all my whiskeys and rums. I put a couple of scrubbers
        at the base to catch the fusel oils,but that's optional. I set the
        needle valve to get around 90%. I find it alot easier to control the
        final taste because you have more control of the tales (tasty parts),
        but it takes trial and error. JM2C
        Tip one,
        Morgan

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Kent" <kegscruiser@...>