Re: making scotch with peat smoked malt

  • gatesbox
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2006
      My scots whiskey is the best brew yet. Yes, a small amount of peat
      smoked barley is the key. And there is no reason to run more than once
      in the old pot still as long as you are not greedy and make sure to
      take out plenty of heads and tails. The flavor lingers, no problem.
      and in a simple pot still you should end up with the heart of your run
      ranging from 60-70% I dilute down to 50 and hope for 45% before
      drinking. Love your pot still, It was good enough for George
      Washington.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, mike karnowski <djpotpie@...>