Re: good mash? good moonshine? good flavoring?

  • tyler_97355
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Is it safe to drink? If you distilled it right, then it is. I recall
      reading that a glass of orange juice has more methanol than a 25lt
      mash. If your still is constructed properly, with the right material, i
      don't see a problem.

      There is nothing wrong with watering down your distillate with juices,
      or consumable liquids of your taste. As far as cinnamon goes, I have
      tried using cinnamon sticks and cinnomon extract. The extract leaves a
      wierd oily taste. Since the extract is made from a mixture of cinnamon
      oil and 75% alcohol, i would imagine that you would have the same
      outcome. If you are looking for a real cinnamon bite, try the
      artificial cinnamon flavoring, thats what they use in most of the hot
      cinnamon candies.

      Will a reflux still produce flavored spirits? Yes and no. If you run at
      a high reflux ratio, it will have little to no flavor, if you run with
      little or no refluxing, it will work just like a pot still.

      Keep reading homedistiller.org, its the best thing since sliced bread.

      -Tyler