Re: solder type for copper column

  • Shane Clayton
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 24, 2006

      Marc,

      Ok no prob’s then. Yes I can say with confidence I have checked at my local Bunning’s store about 6-8 months ago and what they had in my opinion wasn’t good enough for me. I work in the pharmaceuticals industry and am very much aware of differences in silver solder, that’s why I stated the type of silver solder I did.

      As far as my still goes its bloody awesome I get 96% every run pulls out about 4 litres from 25 litre wash. T he still I have is available on eBay. Yeah I know as someone stated why spend that much on one when you can make one yourself.

      Well for starters I did build one based on info from web sites T hink it was called “the world class still” built to there specs and I actually thought it was crap.

      I was able to obtain a lot of materials for nothing but all up with cost of fittings and a water pump nearly cost me as much as the one I bought. S o it was sold off.

      But for this little riper from eBay I am so impressed with its performance I cant recommend them highly enough and so simple to use as well.

      Regards S hane

      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

      Life should NO T be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body

      But rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand,strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming

      " WOO HOO----WHA T A R IDE."