Re: [new_distillers] Cold ferment hopeless?

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2006
      Tyler,

      It should re-start. I use to keep yeast 'starters'
      from previous batches for my wines in the fridge. The
      yeast will go dormant. The re-starting was not like
      introducing fresh yeast but it always took.

      Link

      --- tyler_97355 <kd7enm@...> wrote:

      > If i had an active ferment at about 70f, and the
      > temperature dropped to
      > 40f the ferment would slow down to a stop. If i
      > gradually raised the
      > temperature back up to 70f, would the ferment start
      > back up again, or
      > is the yeast dead?
      >
      > -Tyler

      Sponsored Link

      Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
      Calculate new payment! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre