Re: Flange for column

  • michael_fearn
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 21, 2006
      I would think he mean copper or brass. You can even cut a section of
      copper piping ,cut it down one side and pound it flat. There are many
      ways to do it. It just depends how much finesse you want to use. :)

      I used silver solder for everything. Cadmium and lead free. It is dead
      easy to use. Just a matter of getting it hot enough. I used the
      oxygen/mapp gas torch made by benzomatic. It may have been overkill
      though. With silver solder just make sure your joints are tight.
      Plenty of info here on soldering.

      Cheers,
      Michael