Fermentor Heating

  • Heathen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2006
      I had set up a 5 gallon rum wash a few days ago. It was bubbling furiously until I checked on it tonight. Stuck. I stored it in our old kitchen downstairs (it really isn't heated). It's been cool down there these past few days so I figure I should get some sort of implement to heat my future experiments.

      For $30-shipped I was able to pick up 2- 2 square foot reptile heat tapes with the cords. It is the same set up as the Ferm Wrap sold at the brew sites for $30 without shipping costs. They are 20w /foot -- just like the Ferm Wraps. I work in the pet trade and when I saw the Ferm Wraps, I knew exactly where to get something cheap.

      Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.reptilebasics.com/store/home.php?cat=248

      --Heather

      "A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age......And if the thrill is gone, then it's time to TAKE IT BACK!!!"