Re: Sake

  • waljaco
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
      Cooked rice is 80% starch which can be converted to fermentable
      sugars. i.e. 1.5 kg/4l water is a good quantity. The easiest way is to
      get Chinese rice yeast balls which contain fungi that produce enzymes
      to convert the starch to sugars and yeast to make alcohol. The
      Japanese use a 2 stage process - koji fungi then water and yeast.
      Village style sake can be unfiltered.
      wal
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

      > Hi Link, I'd like your recipe. metric or british. thanks.
      blanikdog.

    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
        10-4 on that!

        I make plenty Sake'. Never thought of distilling I
        must admit.
        That will get put on my list...

        I'll post the recipe that i have.

        Link

        (http://voice.yahoo.com)
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@...>
          wrote:

          > 10-4 on that!
          >
          > I make plenty Sake'. Never thought of distilling I
          > must admit.
          > That will get put on my list...
          >
          > I'll post the recipe that i have.
          >
          > Link