Re: [new_distillers] Sake

  • jkirby007@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
      In a message dated 11/2/2006 11:38:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      link2d@... writes:

      Follow up question....
      Why are you asking for a Sake' recipe in
      new-distillers? Seem that you would have gone to Wine
      Group...
      Either case... I do have a recipe.

      link

      --- Donavan <donavans@...> wrote:

      > Can Anybody help me with a good home recipie for
      > Sake

      > removed]

      I think some one missed the object of this request,
      the object was that this distiller wants a recipie for sake to be able to
      distill it to a drink, which I have done,it tastes great and its very
      smooth,distilling sake has no one but me done this god ferbid i did it

    • sonum norbu
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
        Hi Link, I'd like your recipe. metric or british. thanks. blanikdog.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Cooked rice is 80% starch which can be converted to fermentable
          sugars. i.e. 1.5 kg/4l water is a good quantity. The easiest way is to
          get Chinese rice yeast balls which contain fungi that produce enzymes
          to convert the starch to sugars and yeast to make alcohol. The
          Japanese use a 2 stage process - koji fungi then water and yeast.
          Village style sake can be unfiltered.
          wal
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

          > Hi Link, I'd like your recipe. metric or british. thanks.
          blanikdog.

        • Link D'Antoni
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
            10-4 on that!

            I make plenty Sake'. Never thought of distilling I
            must admit.
            That will get put on my list...

            I'll post the recipe that i have.

            Link

            (http://voice.yahoo.com)
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@...>
              wrote:

              > 10-4 on that!
              >
              > I make plenty Sake'. Never thought of distilling I
              > must admit.
              > That will get put on my list...
              >
              > I'll post the recipe that i have.
              >
              > Link