Re: [new_distillers] Sake

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
      Donavan,

      I have my short-cut Sake', actually Rice & Raisin.
      If you are intersted do you want the quantities in
      Metric, British, or US measure?

      My recipe makes 3 Gallons and a 2nd run of 3 gallons.
      Excellent chilled or warm (98.4 F as per Bond, James
      Bond :-)

      Link

      --- Donavan <donavans@...> wrote:

      > Can Anybody help me with a good home recipie for
      > Sake

      > removed]

    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
        Follow up question....
        Why are you asking for a Sake' recipe in
        new-distillers? Seem that you would have gone to Wine
        Group...
        Either case... I do have a recipe.

        link

        (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
      • jkirby007@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006

          --- Donavan <donavans@...> wrote:

          > Can Anybody help me with a good home recipie for
          > Sake

          > removed]

          I think some one missed the object of this request,
          the object was that this distiller wants a recipie for sake to be able to
          distill it to a drink, which I have done,it tastes great and its very
          smooth,distilling sake has no one but me done this god ferbid i did it

        • sonum norbu
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
            Hi Link, I'd like your recipe. metric or british. thanks. blanikdog.

            --- Donavan <donavans@...> wrote:

            > Can Anybody help me with a good home recipie for
            > Sake

            > removed]

            NORMALITY IS NOTHING TO ASPIRE TOWARDS!!!

            My SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
            http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/
            #american-pie on Starchat

          • waljaco
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
              Cooked rice is 80% starch which can be converted to fermentable
              sugars. i.e. 1.5 kg/4l water is a good quantity. The easiest way is to
              get Chinese rice yeast balls which contain fungi that produce enzymes
              to convert the starch to sugars and yeast to make alcohol. The
              Japanese use a 2 stage process - koji fungi then water and yeast.
              Village style sake can be unfiltered.
              wal
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

              > Hi Link, I'd like your recipe. metric or british. thanks.
              blanikdog.

            • Link D'Antoni
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
                10-4 on that!

                I make plenty Sake'. Never thought of distilling I
                must admit.
                That will get put on my list...

                I'll post the recipe that i have.

                Link

                (http://voice.yahoo.com)
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@...>
                  wrote:

                  > 10-4 on that!
                  >
                  > I make plenty Sake'. Never thought of distilling I
                  > must admit.
                  > That will get put on my list...
                  >
                  > I'll post the recipe that i have.
                  >
                  > Link