Flavored Vodka

  • cartierusm2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
      I was wondering if anyone can give me some guidance to making flavored
      vodka. I read past post and on Tony's site. First question when
      flavoring vodka should I use any sugar or glycerin? Before anyone says
      it's my preference I'm trying to make flavored vodka compared to
      popular flavors such as lemon, pomegranate, ginger, orange etc... as
      in Grey Goose Lemon.

      Next question, I think I'm going to add the flavor after distillation
      so it packs a punch, as far as apple, should I just puree some apples
      and put it in the vodka and let it sit a while? If so how many average
      sized apples per liter of vodka and how long to let it sit?
    • bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
        A simple citron vodka can be made by using the following ---Only the Zest
        outer thin colored part of the fruit,

        NO WHITE PITH.

        Zest of 4 oranges, 1 lemon, 1lime. Soaked in gal jug with finished spirits
        over night, repeat again using more spirits.

        Blend both, taste that its not to powerful of a citrus taste. Just enough to
        drink straight or mixed. Soaking to long

        Brings out an over powering taste. Cotton in the neck of the funnel, &
        coffee filter to catch any particles of zest.

        Best mixer is Mountain Dew & the Citron.

        Coyote
        in the mountains.