Re: [new_distillers] first run..sugar mash

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 21, 2006
      Basically, in order to reduce the flow of your pump (and therefore not
      over cool everything) you can either put a ball valve in the supply
      between the pump and the coil, or put a three way valve in so you can
      control supply-to-coil vs. return-to-feed.
      It depends what pump you have as to what is needed.
      Hope that helps,
      Rob.

      --- Gord Day <temagami@...> wrote:

      > Can u explain?
      > thanx
      > Gord
      >
      > >From: Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
      > >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [new_distillers] first run..sugar mash
      > >Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:42:03 -0700 (PDT)
      > >
      > >put a ball valve in-line (depending on the pump, otherwise a 3way
      > >valve, and recirculate )
      > >cheers
      > >Rob.
      > >

      > >--- Gord Day <temagami@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Thanx for the quick reply.yes its an internal coil..My pump
      > doesn,t
      > > > have a
      > > > control to slow the water down.Its from an illegal hydroponics
      > > > operation..I
      > > > inherited it when I bought my new place..haven,t seen a pump with
      > > > control..I spose I could hook the water direct from the faucet as
      > > > water is
      > > > free here but that would cool it even more.At least by letting
      > the
      > > > water
      > > > heat up.I can get a faster drip.Maybe thats what I,ll have to do
      > for
      > > > now..I,ll email the guy I bought it from and ask him.he builds
      > them
      > > > here in
      > > > Canada and they r beautiful.2' column 4 ft high..waaay better
      > than
      > > > the
      > > > amazing still..thanx again
      > > > Gord in BC