Re: lead or not

  • tyler_97355
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2006
      If you are that worried about it, the safest thing to do, is take the
      still apart and remove all of the old solder with a torch, wire
      brush, or sand paper. Then you can just re-soulder it with silver
      solder.

      -Tyler

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, donald holcombe
      <blackledge_02@...> wrote:

      > If there is NO lead in the cooling tubing there shouldnt be any in
      the likker. Acid cleaning is not recomended for old stills. Ive seen
      tests done on old stills and brew pots ,rarely does any metal make it
      through the condensate.