Re: Post still and Parrot

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10 10:50 PM
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Tony Turner
      <tonkyman1979@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys,
      > I put together a pot still column so I could try and bring over
      more flavor in my bourbon runs. I built it and the Parrots beak out
      of stuff I had laying around out in the shop so it's not my best
      work. I still need to clean up the solder joints and polish them but
      I was in a hurry to try them this weekend.

      > I stripped a batch yesterday and then ran it out today. I don't
      know how I ever did this without a Parrot. That thing is awesome. To
      watch it work is amazing to me. For the first time since I've been
      doing this I have a "real time" gauge for the spirit coming out of
      the still ------ I'm blown away at how well it works. Thanks guys.

      > Harry, thank you for your suggestions yesterday. I did as you said
      and added back-set to my stripped wash when pouring it in the still.
      The flavor is MUCH better than what I've been doing. I can't wait to
      see what happens after two or three more runs.

      > You guys are the best.
      >
      > Tony T

      You're welcome Tony. I'm pleased to see you're now getting
      somewhere closer to the results you're after. I'm also pleased that
      an independent has verified what I've been trying to get across in
      messages etc...that diluting the second run works, and does so
      particularly well when using still dregs (backset) full of the
      previous run's flavinoids, as the diluent.

      That's a good job on the potstill & parrot's beak, even if you think
      it's not your best work. Believe me, I've seen much worse. :-)