Re: Cereal Mash (was changing stills)

  • tyler_97355
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 10, 2006
      I have seen recipes on the internet for cereal mashes. Generally,
      its just a sugar mash with corn flakes added for flavor, in hopes of
      getting a whisky. I tried this once, this is what i did:

      Boil 5 gallons of water with 4 boxed of corn flakes, 1 box of
      shredded wheat, and 5 pounds of sugar. wait for it to cool, add
      beano, then let it ferment for a week or two. I aged it in a mix of
      charred and toasted oak for about 3 months. My girlfriend thought it
      tasted great, so that works for me.

      -Tyler

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, donald holcombe
      <blackledge_02@...> wrote:

      > Let me check with Frank he is the Breakfast Beer man . Ill get the
      recipe and post it.

      > Tony Turner <tonkyman1979@...> wrote: O.K Donald, you
      have peaked my interest. I had a friend give me several boxes of
      Corn Flakes. Give us a base recipe with quantities so we can try
      this out --- please. I'd love to make it as a beer, it sounds great.

      > Tony T
      >
      > donald holcombe <blackledge_02@...> wrote: Ive used Breakfast
      cereals to make beer and Likker. Any will work I stay away from the
      high oat ones.Corn flakes, rice , Grits, cream of wheat.Heat with
      water to 130 F to gelatinize. Add some malt or beano to get the
      starch conversion. 7 box Breakfast beer is quite a surprising drink.