Re: flushing the tower

  • moonshiyner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2002
      --- In new_distillers@y..., "Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)"
      <Tony.Ackland@c...> wrote:
      > Cole,
      >
      > Most likely that it was sulphides reacting with the copper (this is
      how
      > copper "removes" sulphur from the vapour).

      G'day all
      Dont know if this is the same subject but....
      Tonight I put a brew through and noticed when i got to around 82ish
      deg I was getting a bloody strong sulphur smell
      I sterilise with sodium metab (sulphur dioxide)but always rinse after.
      this last brew i used a different brand,can this stuff carry over?

      Anyway, I took 4.9L @ 84% (uncorrected) from a SS Reflux with the
      marble still in but with a stainless scrubber in the head.
      I've had an extention built for it but wanted to compere the
      difference between the last brew (when I used it) and this one.
      I dunno but the distillate started coming over at 79 deg and I
      stopped keeping the good stuff at 85 deg. The temp shot to 93 deg
      gaining another 500mls which will go into the tails pot.

      Doug