Re: alarm

  • hogosha475
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      > However - on to my question: has anyone (on the list) devised any
      alarms
      > for the still operation? Given the length of time for a typical
      run, one
      > wants to wander off now and again when all seems running fine. But
      it
      > would be useful to have some sort of temp.-linked (any other?)
      alarm.

      > Anyone?
      > John V

      At least one alarm that I can think of is a water alarm. These are
      small and cheap, available at any home center. They are meant to be
      put in your basement, and if there is a leak, the alarm goes off. I
      figure it should be good for keeping you advised if your cooling
      supply leaks or comes disconnected. Just a thought.

      Defectfully
      Patrick
    • Brian Shell - BDS (SC)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
        If you get a Polder type electric thermometer they can be programmed at set
        temp to alarm. They also have a nice timer feature...helpful in charting
        your temps/time and the probe is 1/8 in Stainless which fits easily in a
        compression fitting at the top of the column.

      • John Vandermeulen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
          Thanks Brian,
          I found a description of the thing at this website -
          http://www.kitchenkapers.com/36290.html
          In fact I think that one of those things came with the microwave oven in the
          kitchen. Handy little gadget.
          John