Skip to search.

Re: Off Topic (Big Boy and Packing Question)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2006
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gff_stwrt" <gff_stwrt@...>
      wrote:
      > And the oven was being slowly turned by men labouring in teams of
      > two with a massive crank handle (it was really hard work, the
      electric
      > motor had not been able to do it) while the engineers lubricated and
      > teams of men took the tins of raised dough continuously appearing
      from
      > a swing tray steam cabinet and stacked them on trolleys and all was
      > confusion and the Department of Agriculture standing around...
      > Ah, memories!
      >
      > The Baker

      Yep, been there done that a few times. I was a baker for 30 years.
      That's why I went back to college to get a CIT degree. Air
      conditioned office work is much more preferable (and pays better) than
      sweating yer guts out all night in front of a 40+ Celcius Vego
      Traveller or Brown & Kidd Twin-deck Peel oven.