Re: Column Windows?

  • miciofelice2003
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
      Ciao Tyler.

      How, otherwise, check how, when, how much reflux?

      And, the last but not the least, human being is a little bit curious
      and it's so fascinating to watch what's hannening inside ....

      Ciao a tutti
      da

      micio felice

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tyler_97355" <kd7enm@...>

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "miciofelice2003"
        <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:

        > Ciao Tyler.
        >
        > How, otherwise, check how, when, how much reflux?
        >
        > And, the last but not the least, human being is a little bit curious
        > and it's so fascinating to watch what's hannening inside ....
        >
        > Ciao a tutti
        > da
        >
        > micio felice

        It's more than that. Portholes allow for visual inspection of the
        bubble trays to see how much fouling has accumulated. Calcium
        deposits just a few millimetres thick on the edge of the sieve holes
        can reduce the performance of the tower by 30%. Some of the larger
        towers/columns have the portholes removable as manways for maintenance
        work. The smaller columns usually run a chemical de-scaler when
        necessary.

      • cartierusm2004
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
          I'm putting in the sight glasses in my new one because I know for a
          fact that little green men are in there making my alcohol and I just
          want to be sure they are safe.

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "miciofelice2003"
          > <miciofelice2003@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Ciao Tyler.
          > >
          > > How, otherwise, check how, when, how much reflux?
          > >
          > > And, the last but not the least, human being is a little bit
          curious
          > > and it's so fascinating to watch what's hannening inside ....
          > >
          > > Ciao a tutti
          > > da
          > >
          > > micio felice
          >

          > It's more than that. Portholes allow for visual inspection of the
          > bubble trays to see how much fouling has accumulated. Calcium
          > deposits just a few millimetres thick on the edge of the sieve
          holes
          > can reduce the performance of the tower by 30%. Some of the
          larger
          > towers/columns have the portholes removable as manways for
          maintenance
          > work. The smaller columns usually run a chemical de-scaler when
          > necessary.
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • Jan Wouter
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
            2006/9/5, cartierusm2004 <htcustom@...>:

            > I'm putting in the sight glasses in my new one because I know for a
            > fact that little green men are in there making my alcohol and I just
            > want to be sure they are safe.

            You've been sampling to much ;-)
            Jan Wouter

          • John Wisbey
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
              Hmm, thats funny I get little pink elephants
              John Wisbey

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
                little pink elephants? I was told they were elves. But in all
                seriousness, thanks for the info on the windows. My still uses
                scrubbers for packing, not bubble plates, so i'm going to assume that
                i don't need windows.

                -Tyler

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey" <johnwisbey@...>
                wrote:

                > Hmm, thats funny I get little pink elephants
                > John Wisbey

              • Jan Wouter
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
                  2006/9/6, tyler_97355 <kd7enm@...>:

                  > little pink elephants? I was told they were elves. But in all
                  > seriousness, thanks for the info on the windows. My still uses
                  > scrubbers for packing, not bubble plates, so i'm going to assume that
                  > i don't need windows.
                  >
                  > -Tyler

                  Linux maybe?

                  Jan Wouter

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
                    --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Wouter"
                    <janwouter.mailgroups@...> wrote:
                    > > -Tyler
                    >

                    > Linux maybe?
                    >
                    > Jan Wouter

                    Heh, very droll, Jan. :-))
                    Linux, Windows, FreeBSD whatever, ain't worth squat if'n it cain't
                    make booze. ;-)

                  • Jan Wouter
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006

                      > Heh, very droll, Jan. :-))
                      > Linux, Windows, FreeBSD whatever, ain't worth squat if'n it cain't
                      > make booze. ;-)
                      >
                      > Slainte!
                      > regards Harry

                      Thanks to my computer I learned to make booze. And it is the same computer
                      that connects us all over the world to exchanges experiences. So I think
                      that in some way it does produce booze.
                      Jan Wouter

                    • Toni Smith
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
                        Or maybe with some of the problems they seem to have at times they drive us
                        to booze:P

                        Toni Smith

                        MSN Messenger HYPERLINK
                        "mailto:tonimarie29@..."tonimarie29@...

                        Yahoo Messenger HYPERLINK
                        "mailto:tonimarie29au@..."tonimarie29au@...

                        ~*~*~Love is a hearts willingness to overcome any obstacle at any
                        price...Only those who truly love can accomplish this...it is one of the
                        only things worth fighting for~*~*~