alarm

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2 6:03 AM
      Hello All, on this the second day of 2002. I do hope that you all had a
      fine Xmas season, and are hopeful about this new year. While I am not a
      Catholic, I do join in with the Pope's message that the three monotheist
      religions (christian, jewish, muslim), all descended from the same Abraham,
      stop killing each other in the name of God. Totally incomprehensible.

      However - on to my question: has anyone (on the list) devised any alarms
      for the still operation? Given the length of time for a typical run, one
      wants to wander off now and again when all seems running fine. But it
      would be useful to have some sort of temp.-linked (any other?) alarm.

      Anyone?
      John V
    • hogosha475
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2 6:14 AM
        > However - on to my question: has anyone (on the list) devised any
        alarms
        > for the still operation? Given the length of time for a typical
        run, one
        > wants to wander off now and again when all seems running fine. But
        it
        > would be useful to have some sort of temp.-linked (any other?)
        alarm.

        > Anyone?
        > John V

        At least one alarm that I can think of is a water alarm. These are
        small and cheap, available at any home center. They are meant to be
        put in your basement, and if there is a leak, the alarm goes off. I
        figure it should be good for keeping you advised if your cooling
        supply leaks or comes disconnected. Just a thought.

        Defectfully
        Patrick
      • Brian Shell - BDS (SC)
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2 6:22 AM
          If you get a Polder type electric thermometer they can be programmed at set
          temp to alarm. They also have a nice timer feature...helpful in charting
          your temps/time and the probe is 1/8 in Stainless which fits easily in a
          compression fitting at the top of the column.

        • John Vandermeulen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2 6:54 AM
            Thanks Brian,
            I found a description of the thing at this website -
            http://www.kitchenkapers.com/36290.html
            In fact I think that one of those things came with the microwave oven in the
            kitchen. Handy little gadget.
            John