table top water distillers

  • cornz_1
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3 3:00 PM
      Hi all, just wondered about thoughts on this.
      http://www.zen37219.zen.co.uk/still.htm

      I have tasted the "product" from one of these and its very very good.
      So, armed with this info, off i went and bought:
      http://www.kizanshopping.co.nz/product-view.php?CA=Water%20Distillers

      Now the devices look identical and i had a good look at the coil
      arrangement on the http://www.zen37219.zen.co.uk/still.htm one.
      Guess what. Identical.
      Best thing of all though is they are on ebay for £70 which is cheap for
      a water distiller, let alone one that does "booze".
      It also has a fan which im going to try and modify to affect the amount
      of cooling.Would be nice to get some brandy or whiskies or even better
      rum!!
      Anyway, when i get some mash done i'll give it a pop.
      Thoughts??
      Cornz.
    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3 3:13 PM
        Do you have any problem with seepage? I have
        Kenmore 1 gallon model that was converted over by
        Brew-USA to accept alcohol. There are internal parts
        that would not accept alcohol.
        The only thing that I have problem running in the
        Kenmore is Molasses (rum) as it tends to foam.

        Link

        --- cornz_1 <cornz_1@...> wrote:

        > Hi all, just wondered about thoughts on this.
        > http://www.zen37219.zen.co.uk/still.htm
        >
        > I have tasted the "product" from one of these and
        > its very very good.
        > So, armed with this info, off i went and bought:

        http://www.kizanshopping.co.nz/product-view.php?CA=Water%20Distillers

        > Now the devices look identical and i had a good look
        > at the coil
        > arrangement on the
        > http://www.zen37219.zen.co.uk/still.htm one.
        > Guess what. Identical.
        > Best thing of all though is they are on ebay for £70
        > which is cheap for
        > a water distiller, let alone one that does "booze".
        > It also has a fan which im going to try and modify
        > to affect the amount
        > of cooling.Would be nice to get some brandy or
        > whiskies or even better
        > rum!!
        > Anyway, when i get some mash done i'll give it a
        > pop.
        > Thoughts??
        > Cornz.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Brendan Keith
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3 4:28 PM
          Don't modify the fan. Build a small box with a light dimmer wired to an
          outlet and plug the heater portion into that, varying the heat. You could
          expect this to induce a bit more reflux, but there aren't really that many
          cooled surfaces for refluxing to occur. Overall it won't help much. Been
          there.

          --
          Brendan Keith
          bkeith@...