Re: first run

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 3, 2006
      At 95.6% you get all the same congeners as you do with lower ABV. The
      point is that they are typically more concentrated at the beginning and
      at the end if you operate your still properly. You'll still have to do
      proper cuts, preferably equilibrate the column and maintain adequate RR
      to achieve completely neutral spirits. It is possible for us hobbyists
      to build a still that puts out only pure 95.6% stuff, but it's quite a
      leap from the original Nixon-Stone design.

      Cheers, Riku