Question about heating

  • Jeremy McCoy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      I was wondering what everyones thought was about using 3 or 4 aquarium
      heaters to heat the mash.
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy McCoy"
        <realmccoy333@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering what everyones thought was about using 3 or 4
        aquarium
        > heaters to heat the mash.

        They usually have thermostats that cut off the heating before the mash
        boils. If you plan on using them in low temperature evaporation still
        (amazing still) they work fine, otherwise skip them.

        Cheers, Riku
      • Gord Day
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
          >I have a reflux with a stock pot for a boiler..The lid has no flanges to
          >clamp..How can I seal it?Thanx
          Gord in BC

          Get MSN Messenger on your cell phone. http://connectinstyle.com/
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Gord Day" <temagami@...> wrote:

            > >I have a reflux with a stock pot for a boiler..The lid has no
            flanges to
            > >clamp..How can I seal it?Thanx
            > Gord in BC

            Rye flour paste, aka 'luting' (look it up).