Re: Milk=Booze?

  • tyler_97355
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2006
      The reason why people try to ferment all kinds of wierd things, is
      usually because its free. If i had a free supply of fermentables, i
      would be making gallons and gallons of alcohol, mainly for e85. At
      this point, i have to buy everything i use, so it is still a hobby
      with a price. If i could get a truckload of free corn or sugar, i
      would be doing backflips. So to answer your question of "why milk",
      because its free.

      -Tyler

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Lebsanft"
      <bundy_rum98@...> wrote:

      > my only confusion is that sugar is so cheap why would you go to
      the trouble?

      > >From: "mstehelin" <mstehelin@...>
      > >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [new_distillers] Milk=Booze?
      > >Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:19:35 -0000
      > >
      > >I have heard that you can use a special yeast that will ferment a
      > >byproduct of milk- whey- into booze! The local store throws out
      piles
      > >of milk,cream,yogurt that is going bad, past due date. Etc etc.
      Could
      > >a individual use this to produce booze or would you first have to
      make
      > >cheese in order to get the whey?
      > >Cheers

    • donald holcombe
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2006
        Why would you climb a mountain or go to the North Pole ? Because you CAN !