Position of internal heating element

  • hogosha475
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      OK, I know I am being a bit anal about all of this, but I would Like
      to get it right the first time. I am trying to figure out how far
      off of the bottom of my boiler to position my 2000W heating element.
      My boiler is constructed from 2, 12 quart SS pots inverted and tig-
      welded together. Making the dimensions of the pot 24 quarts (22.71
      l), 18 inches (45.72 cm) high, and 10 inches (25.4 cm) in diameter.
      The top end (when completed) will be a standard "Stillmaker" design.
      I know I've asked this question before, but any help will be greatly
      appreciated. Thanx.

      Defectfully
      Patrick
    • klcampbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        Patrick,the best position is one that is not too close to the bottom of the
        kettle so as to restrict cleaning underneath it and also not too high so as
        to become exposed as you approach the end of the run.
        The centre line of my element is 25mm. up from the bottom and it does not
        cause any hot spot on the base which can burn grain worts ,hope this
        helps,Regards,Ken.