pot still

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 70 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hello ups474!
      I just re-read your e-mail of Dec.5 in which you describe your potstil,
      dimensions, etc. Would you describe the coil condenser for me please?
      Tubing diam., number of coils, diam. of coil, cooling water flow.

      Many thanks, in advance, and a very Happy and Peaceful New Year.

      John V / Nova Scotia
    • Rainero Morgia
      Message 70 of 70 , Aug 29, 2010
        in  reflux  distillation,  you  have  an  optimum  reflux  ratio...by  having  coils  or  spiral  column  and  depending  on  the  number  of  turns  and  height,  you  may  end  up  with  early  condensation  by  ambient  air,  or  it  might  take  a  while  to  collect  the  distillate  thus  consuming  more  power  or  heat  or  you  might  not  be  able  to  reach  the  right  temperature  for  condensation ....so  it's  not  advisable.  as  to  safety  issue,  vapor  pressure  is  very  low  for  alcohol (32mm),  so  as  long  as  you  have  an  outlet  its  safe...