Modifications to Commercial stills

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
      Robert suggested another useful page for my site, so again I'll ask for
      comments/suggestions (reply to me either through the group, or privately at
      ackland@... )

      Given that theres quite a few sucessful mods that have been done to improve
      the commercially sold units (Still Spirits and Spirits Unlimited reflux
      units, the Euro's/Desti's, and the StillMaker), he suggested that I put all
      these ideas on a page, for easy reference.

      I'll go back through the archives and try and find some of the old postings
      (that Ken? did to the SU unit ?), but if theres any others you'd like to
      suggest, or send photos/explanations of etc, I'd love to have them. Please
      include the before/after details of its performance.

      cheers,

      Tony
      http://homedistiller.org/

      ps - the list of suppliers is now at
      http://homedistiller.org/equipment.htm#suppliers
    • klcampbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        G'day Tony,I am in 2 minds about this proposal.
        On one hand I think why the hell should we give the commercial builders all
        of our hard work and planning in one easy package,then on the other hand I
        think that most of them are so darn thick that they won't know a good
        modification if it jumped up and bit them on the bum.I believe that if the
        commercial still builders wanted to use a design that a member has
        produced,at least that member should be recognised in all advertising.
        Happy New Year,Ken.
        .