Re: [new_distillers] electrical problem

  • Tony Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2006
      Here is a link that helps explain the 20 amp outlet question.

      http://www.doityourself.com/stry/qnaelectrical17

      Near the bottom it talks about the ampacity according to the National Electric Code and that the 20 amp outlet differs from the standard 15 amp outlet by the distinguishing T shape in the neutral slot. You also need to make sure that the wall wiring is 12 ga to match the 20 amp fuse (which it probably does as long as the home was wired correctly and that no one just replaced the fuse with a bigger one). If you are running near the 20 amp limit, the plug you are using needs to be rated at 20 amps also.

      I have know people who have literally used the old penny trick. Don't go that route. It wreaks havock! Be safe!

      enibnikrib <manson@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone
      I have a problem with the electrical plug getting very warm, the wire
      does not get hot, just the plug and electrical strip. I have a 20amp
      fuse in the electrical circuit. If I go to a 20amp plug an outlet
      will this solve the problem?

      Luke