Re: Help this new distiller Peach Must????

  • Allan DeGroot
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
      You are better off without the pectin enzyme anyway.

      Inderstand that pectin is a methyl Ester and breaking it down
      invariably produces methanol (not a lot, but...)

      If you've gone WEEKS you should have already cooked it.

      The "awful" smell is probably Hydrogen sulfide and you can
      get rid of it, but it's usually easier to simply distill the "wash"
      of a fruit fermentation on the pulp at the end of 4-7days

      Any longer and it just gets "messy"

      AllanD