RE: [new_distillers] I anyone in contact with....

  • allan degroot
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
      This one:
      http://homedistiller.org/forums/index.php

      If I can't log on they are worthless to me.

      AllanD

      At 10:39 PM 8/3/06 -0400, you wrote:
      >"HomeDistilling" or "Distillers"? The "Distillers" group is probably the
      >most active location you'll find.
      >
      >Lots of people read "new_distillers" and "Distillers" so posting your
      >question here wouldn't be out of line.
      >
      >Which admin/owner were you looking for?
      >
      >--
      >Brendan Keith
      >bkeith@...

    • allan degroot
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
        Tony,

        My problem is I CANNOT contact UncleJesse.

        I got the automated reply to my registering on his forum
        and THAT MESSAGE stated that there would be another "activation"
        message via e-mail to follow, 60hours later I'm still waiting....

        Putting me in contact with ANY moderator over there
        who might be able to tell me how long I should expect to wait
        for that message would do just fine....

        What I'd like is for someone from there to tell me
        for what purpose am I waiting?
        and how long I should wait....

        Or to tell me the wait is over....

        Tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think it's unreasonable
        to start seeking contact information after waiting for more than two days.
        this is the internet, and while people have lives, anyone who doesn't
        check their e-mail after more than two days should be considered
        "missing, presumed dead" (or in Jesse's case, in jail)
        and since Jesse hasn't posted in several Months I'll make the reasonable
        assumption that someone else is handling the day-to-day admission of new
        members and that that person has dropped the ball.

        AllanD

        At 06:48 AM 8/4/06 +0000, you wrote:
        > > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
        >of the HomeDistilling forum?
        >
        >Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
        >do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
        >are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
        >contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.
        >
        >Tony

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • allan degroot
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
          Quoting from their FAQ...

          I registered but cannot log in!
          First check that you are entering the correct username and password.

          Yup, did that.

          If they are okay then one of two things may have happened: if COPPA support
          is enabled and you clicked the I am under 13 years old link while
          registering then you will have to follow the instructions you received.

          Nope.

          If this is not the case then maybe your account need activating.

          Uh huh.

          Some boards will require all new registrations be activated, either by
          yourself or by the administrator before you can log on. When you registered
          it would have told you whether activation was required.

          It did, but no "activation message" has been received.

          If you were sent an email then follow the instructions; if you did not
          receive the email then check that your email address is valid. One reason
          activation is used is to reduce the possibility of rogue users abusing the
          board anonymously. If you are sure the email address you used is valid then
          try contacting the board administrator.

          Well, I am "awaiting activation" over there, the problem is without logging
          in you cannot contact the board administrator, or a moderator, or anyone else.

          SO if anyone here is a member of that forum would you PLEASE do
          as I asked, contact ANY moderator and ask them to contact me so
          I can get assistance in resolving the issue?

          I have verified that my Username, e-mail adress and password are all correct.
          (It won't accept them in an attempt to re-register with the same information
          and reports that the e-mail adress and username are already in use)

          AllanD

          At 06:48 AM 8/4/06 +0000, you wrote:
          > > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
          >of the HomeDistilling forum?
          >
          >Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
          >do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
          >are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
          >contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.
          >
          >Tony

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Brendan Keith
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
            How does the traffic there compare to the two yahoo groups?

            Similar content? Same knowledgebase?

            --
            Brendan Keith
            bkeith@...

            > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
            of the HomeDistilling forum?

            Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
            do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
            are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
            contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.

            Tony
          • Tony Turner
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
              It took me a couple of weeks to get a login on that site (good things come to those who wait).

              Tony T

              allan degroot <adegroot@...> wrote: Tony,