RE: [new_distillers] I anyone in contact with....

  • allan degroot
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
      This one:
      http://homedistiller.org/forums/index.php

      If I can't log on they are worthless to me.

      AllanD

      At 10:39 PM 8/3/06 -0400, you wrote:
      >"HomeDistilling" or "Distillers"? The "Distillers" group is probably the
      >most active location you'll find.
      >
      >Lots of people read "new_distillers" and "Distillers" so posting your
      >question here wouldn't be out of line.
      >
      >Which admin/owner were you looking for?
      >
      >--
      >Brendan Keith
      >bkeith@...

    • Tony Ackland
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
        > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
        of the HomeDistilling forum?

        Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
        do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
        are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
        contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.

        Tony
      • allan degroot
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
          Tony,

          My problem is I CANNOT contact UncleJesse.

          I got the automated reply to my registering on his forum
          and THAT MESSAGE stated that there would be another "activation"
          message via e-mail to follow, 60hours later I'm still waiting....

          Putting me in contact with ANY moderator over there
          who might be able to tell me how long I should expect to wait
          for that message would do just fine....

          What I'd like is for someone from there to tell me
          for what purpose am I waiting?
          and how long I should wait....

          Or to tell me the wait is over....

          Tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think it's unreasonable
          to start seeking contact information after waiting for more than two days.
          this is the internet, and while people have lives, anyone who doesn't
          check their e-mail after more than two days should be considered
          "missing, presumed dead" (or in Jesse's case, in jail)
          and since Jesse hasn't posted in several Months I'll make the reasonable
          assumption that someone else is handling the day-to-day admission of new
          members and that that person has dropped the ball.

          AllanD

          At 06:48 AM 8/4/06 +0000, you wrote:
          > > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
          >of the HomeDistilling forum?
          >
          >Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
          >do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
          >are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
          >contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.
          >
          >Tony

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • allan degroot
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
            Quoting from their FAQ...

            I registered but cannot log in!
            First check that you are entering the correct username and password.

            Yup, did that.

            If they are okay then one of two things may have happened: if COPPA support
            is enabled and you clicked the I am under 13 years old link while
            registering then you will have to follow the instructions you received.

            Nope.

            If this is not the case then maybe your account need activating.

            Uh huh.

            Some boards will require all new registrations be activated, either by
            yourself or by the administrator before you can log on. When you registered
            it would have told you whether activation was required.

            It did, but no "activation message" has been received.

            If you were sent an email then follow the instructions; if you did not
            receive the email then check that your email address is valid. One reason
            activation is used is to reduce the possibility of rogue users abusing the
            board anonymously. If you are sure the email address you used is valid then
            try contacting the board administrator.

            Well, I am "awaiting activation" over there, the problem is without logging
            in you cannot contact the board administrator, or a moderator, or anyone else.

            SO if anyone here is a member of that forum would you PLEASE do
            as I asked, contact ANY moderator and ask them to contact me so
            I can get assistance in resolving the issue?

            I have verified that my Username, e-mail adress and password are all correct.
            (It won't accept them in an attempt to re-register with the same information
            and reports that the e-mail adress and username are already in use)

            AllanD

            At 06:48 AM 8/4/06 +0000, you wrote:
            > > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
            >of the HomeDistilling forum?
            >
            >Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
            >do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
            >are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
            >contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.
            >
            >Tony

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Brendan Keith
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
              How does the traffic there compare to the two yahoo groups?

              Similar content? Same knowledgebase?

              --
              Brendan Keith
              bkeith@...

              > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
              of the HomeDistilling forum?

              Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
              do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
              are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
              contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.

              Tony
            • Tony Turner
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                It took me a couple of weeks to get a login on that site (good things come to those who wait).

                Tony T

                allan degroot <adegroot@...> wrote: Tony,