I anyone in contact with....

  • allan degroot
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
      Hi All, New here.

      Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators of
      the HomeDistilling forum?

      I signed up for their forum and got the automated "welcome"
      message that informed me that I'd get an additional message
      from the adminstrator "activating" my membership.

      As yet that message has not arrived.

      It seems from browsing that the admin/owner of the sight has been missing
      for several months....

      I'd really like to contact an admin as I have advanced questions to ask
      and some other questions I can answer and I've already gone WAY
      past the lurking stage....and can't do ANYTHING without that "activation"
      message.

      I feel now like that entire forum is a "black hole" that new members join
      but cannot participate because they aren't getting activation messages, or
      is it just me?

      AllanD
    • Brendan Keith
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
        "HomeDistilling" or "Distillers"? The "Distillers" group is probably the
        most active location you'll find.

        Lots of people read "new_distillers" and "Distillers" so posting your
        question here wouldn't be out of line.

        Which admin/owner were you looking for?

        --
        Brendan Keith
        bkeith@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
          Welcome Allan.
          I am assuming you are activated as this post has
          appeared,
          and as for the moderator, he is certainly active and
          around
          on at the very least a daily basis. If you have been
          lurking
          for so long, you realise that most of your preliminary
          questions
          can be answered at
          http://homedistiller.org/
          Play nice, play by the rules, and ask away.
          cheers
          greg
          --- allan degroot <adegroot@...> wrote:

          > Hi All, New here.
          >
          > Does anyone have any contact information for any of
          > the moderators of
          > the HomeDistilling forum?
          >
          > I signed up for their forum and got the automated
          > "welcome"
          > message that informed me that I'd get an additional
          > message
          > from the adminstrator "activating" my membership.
          >
          > As yet that message has not arrived.
          >
          > It seems from browsing that the admin/owner of the
          > sight has been missing
          > for several months....
          >
          > I'd really like to contact an admin as I have
          > advanced questions to ask
          > and some other questions I can answer and I've
          > already gone WAY
          > past the lurking stage....and can't do ANYTHING
          > without that "activation"
          > message.
          >
          > I feel now like that entire forum is a "black hole"
          > that new members join
          > but cannot participate because they aren't getting
          > activation messages, or
          > is it just me?
          >
          > AllanD

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Allan DeGroot
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
            I already Know I'm activated here, Yahoo works, I'm refering to not
            being able to log onto the forums associated with homedistiller.org.

            And it's there I've been "lurking" for a while.

            Long enough to read everything that's been posted since about this
            time last year....

            And on this yahoo group I've read everything back to the beginning of
            july....

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, greg tufts <gregtufts@...>
            wrote:

            > Welcome Allan.
            > I am assuming you are activated as this post has
            > appeared,
            > and as for the moderator, he is certainly active and
            > around
            > on at the very least a daily basis. If you have been
            > lurking
            > for so long, you realise that most of your preliminary
            > questions
            > can be answered at
            > http://homedistiller.org/
            > Play nice, play by the rules, and ask away.
            > cheers
            > greg
            > --- allan degroot <adegroot@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi All, New here.
            > >
            > > Does anyone have any contact information for any of
            > > the moderators of
            > > the HomeDistilling forum?
            > >
            > > I signed up for their forum and got the automated
            > > "welcome"
            > > message that informed me that I'd get an additional
            > > message
            > > from the adminstrator "activating" my membership.
            > >
            > > As yet that message has not arrived.
            > >
            > > It seems from browsing that the admin/owner of the
            > > sight has been missing
            > > for several months....
            > >
            > > I'd really like to contact an admin as I have
            > > advanced questions to ask
            > > and some other questions I can answer and I've
            > > already gone WAY
            > > past the lurking stage....and can't do ANYTHING
            > > without that "activation"
            > > message.
            > >
            > > I feel now like that entire forum is a "black hole"
            > > that new members join
            > > but cannot participate because they aren't getting
            > > activation messages, or
            > > is it just me?
            > >
            > > AllanD

          • allan degroot
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
              This one:
              http://homedistiller.org/forums/index.php

              If I can't log on they are worthless to me.

              AllanD

              At 10:39 PM 8/3/06 -0400, you wrote:
              >"HomeDistilling" or "Distillers"? The "Distillers" group is probably the
              >most active location you'll find.
              >
              >Lots of people read "new_distillers" and "Distillers" so posting your
              >question here wouldn't be out of line.
              >
              >Which admin/owner were you looking for?
              >
              >--
              >Brendan Keith
              >bkeith@...

            • Tony Ackland
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
                > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
                of the HomeDistilling forum?

                Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
                do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
                are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
                contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.

                Tony
              • allan degroot
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                  Tony,

                  My problem is I CANNOT contact UncleJesse.

                  I got the automated reply to my registering on his forum
                  and THAT MESSAGE stated that there would be another "activation"
                  message via e-mail to follow, 60hours later I'm still waiting....

                  Putting me in contact with ANY moderator over there
                  who might be able to tell me how long I should expect to wait
                  for that message would do just fine....

                  What I'd like is for someone from there to tell me
                  for what purpose am I waiting?
                  and how long I should wait....

                  Or to tell me the wait is over....

                  Tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think it's unreasonable
                  to start seeking contact information after waiting for more than two days.
                  this is the internet, and while people have lives, anyone who doesn't
                  check their e-mail after more than two days should be considered
                  "missing, presumed dead" (or in Jesse's case, in jail)
                  and since Jesse hasn't posted in several Months I'll make the reasonable
                  assumption that someone else is handling the day-to-day admission of new
                  members and that that person has dropped the ball.

                  AllanD

                  At 06:48 AM 8/4/06 +0000, you wrote:
                  > > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
                  >of the HomeDistilling forum?
                  >
                  >Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
                  >do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
                  >are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
                  >contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.
                  >
                  >Tony

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • allan degroot
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                    Quoting from their FAQ...

                    I registered but cannot log in!
                    First check that you are entering the correct username and password.

                    Yup, did that.

                    If they are okay then one of two things may have happened: if COPPA support
                    is enabled and you clicked the I am under 13 years old link while
                    registering then you will have to follow the instructions you received.

                    Nope.

                    If this is not the case then maybe your account need activating.

                    Uh huh.

                    Some boards will require all new registrations be activated, either by
                    yourself or by the administrator before you can log on. When you registered
                    it would have told you whether activation was required.

                    It did, but no "activation message" has been received.

                    If you were sent an email then follow the instructions; if you did not
                    receive the email then check that your email address is valid. One reason
                    activation is used is to reduce the possibility of rogue users abusing the
                    board anonymously. If you are sure the email address you used is valid then
                    try contacting the board administrator.

                    Well, I am "awaiting activation" over there, the problem is without logging
                    in you cannot contact the board administrator, or a moderator, or anyone else.

                    SO if anyone here is a member of that forum would you PLEASE do
                    as I asked, contact ANY moderator and ask them to contact me so
                    I can get assistance in resolving the issue?

                    I have verified that my Username, e-mail adress and password are all correct.
                    (It won't accept them in an attempt to re-register with the same information
                    and reports that the e-mail adress and username are already in use)

                    AllanD

                    At 06:48 AM 8/4/06 +0000, you wrote:
                    > > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
                    >of the HomeDistilling forum?
                    >
                    >Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
                    >do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
                    >are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
                    >contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.
                    >
                    >Tony

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Brendan Keith
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                      How does the traffic there compare to the two yahoo groups?

                      Similar content? Same knowledgebase?

                      --
                      Brendan Keith
                      bkeith@...

                      > Does anyone have any contact information for any of the moderators
                      of the HomeDistilling forum?

                      Allan - even though its associated with my website, I have nothing to
                      do with either the Wikipedia stuff through there, or the forums. They
                      are run by the guy who owns the server. I'd suggest that you
                      contact "Uncle Jessie" from those forums, and see if he can help.

                      Tony
                    • Tony Turner
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
                        It took me a couple of weeks to get a login on that site (good things come to those who wait).

                        Tony T

                        allan degroot <adegroot@...> wrote: Tony,