Re: andy in france not knowing what he is doing

  • waljaco
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
      Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
      pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
      wal
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, andy wood <ctcdubai@...> wrote:

      > bonjour salut hi i have the fruit allready in the bottles i have the
      fruit but dont know how to make the eau de vie eg the amounts for 1lt
      2lt etc any ideas thanks

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
        I've seen the bottles in Luxembourg. Tasted the stuff to, the pear one. Is
        rather harsh stuff this eau de vie.
        Jan Wouter

        2006/8/3, waljaco <waljaco@...>:

        > Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
        > pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
        > wal

      • allan degroot
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
          Traditional eau da vie's are simply pure UN-aged (CLEAR)
          fruit brandies.

          Though "Pear William" is likely the most famous
          (and aquires some of it's color from tannins leached from the pear that's
          grown inside the bottle) the type should be also be experienced by the various
          fruit brandies of Alsace.

          Alsatian Berengeist (pear) is a particular favorite of mine.

          though the German Kirschwasser is probably better known
          (and tastes like the lighter fluid it really is:)

          AllanD