Re: [new_distillers] Re: andy in france not knowing what he is doing

  • greg tufts
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
      Here is a link to a website which explains all of
      distilling for you.
      http://homedistiller.org/static_menu.htm
      If you find it useful and can afford
      it, donations to the site can be made through
      paypal at
      http://homedistiller.org/
      cheers
      greg
      --- miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:

      > Bonsoir Andy.
      >
      > My God, a French person that doesn't know how to get
      > eau de vie?
      > Et France est la patrie du Cognac et aussi de
      > l'Armagnac?
      >
      > Of course I'm joking.
      >
      > Anyway,<snip>
      > > Ciao a tutti
      > > da
      > >
      > > micio felice (italy)
      > >
      > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai"
      > <ctcdubai@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing
      > fruit in bottles
      > andi
      <snip>

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
        hesus...enough already... :)
> [...]

        > eau de vie?
        > Et France est la patrie du Cognac et aussi de
        > l'Armagnac?
        >
        > Of course I'm joking.
        >
        > Anyway, I think that you are on the right place.
        >
        > Let me say that, if you want, I can explain you a
        > little bit, but
        > english isn't my mother tongue. I think that other
        > people will do it
        > better than me. If you speack italian I can explain
        > in my language.
        >
        > Anyway, you need an alhambic, of course.
        >
        > But itsn't so "obvious". It depend on what you want
        > to get as eau de
        > vie.
        > If you want something of very pure, like vodka, you
        > have
        > to "address" to a column relux, or column
        > fractionnating or column
        > reflux-fractionnating still, if you want to keep
        > aromas and flavour,
        > like the Cognac, the wisky or grappa, you need to
        > have a pot still.
        >
        > So, first, you have to decide what kind of
        > distillate you want to
        > get: I suppose you want something of aromatic, just
        > because you
        > spoke about fruits, ... but it's better to know
        > exactly.
        >
        > Then, do you want to know how to build an alhambic
        > or do you want to
        > know how to distil (and this is involving the fact
        > you already have
        > an alhambic)?
        >
        > Ciao a tutti
        > da
        >
        > micio felice
        >

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, andy wood
        > <ctcdubai@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > bonjour salut hi i have the fruit allready in the
        > bottles i have
        > the fruit but dont know how to make the eau de vie
        > eg the amounts
        > for 1lt 2lt etc any ideas thanks
        > >
        > > miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:
        > Mon cher ami,
        > > I didn't understand exactly what you want: if your
        > wish is to know
        > how
        > > to groww fruit into bottles or how to fill the
        > bottles.
        > >
        > > please, can you be a little bit clearer?
        > >
        > > Ciao a tutti
        > > da
        > >
        > > micio felice (italy)
        > >
        > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ctcdubai"
        > <ctcdubai@>
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > hi living in france in the correz i am growing
        > fruit in bottles
        > andi
        > > > want to fill them with eau du vie i have a lot
        > off fruit but no
        > idea
        > > > how to do it any body can help have asked many
        > french freinds
        > but
        > > thay
        > > > are being cagey so if in dought do it your self

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • waljaco
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2006
          Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
          pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
          wal

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
            I've seen the bottles in Luxembourg. Tasted the stuff to, the pear one. Is
            rather harsh stuff this eau de vie.
            Jan Wouter

            2006/8/3, waljaco <waljaco@...>:

            > Growing the fruit in the bottles is the hard part! I have seen
            > pictures on the internet how it is done. How do you do it?
            > wal

          • allan degroot
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
              Traditional eau da vie's are simply pure UN-aged (CLEAR)
              fruit brandies.

              Though "Pear William" is likely the most famous
              (and aquires some of it's color from tannins leached from the pear that's
              grown inside the bottle) the type should be also be experienced by the various
              fruit brandies of Alsace.

              Alsatian Berengeist (pear) is a particular favorite of mine.

              though the German Kirschwasser is probably better known
              (and tastes like the lighter fluid it really is:)

              AllanD